You are here

Offender Reentry

Locate your county of residence to the right for a listing of resources available to you.

Note: Links connect to external documents maintained and hosted by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within.

Reentry Assistance Programs


United Way

United Way agencies are non-profit organizations offering services to individuals and families in need. Many United Way agencies give housing assistance or referrals to supportive housing, nursing homes, and other residential programs in your area. In most communities, 

Salvation Army: 

The Salvation Army has a network of shelters and programs across the nation. When available, they may be able to give lodging, clothing, food, and a cash grant for the first 90 days after you are released from halfway house placement. 

Goodwill Industries International, Inc. 

Goodwill helps individuals and families with education, skills training, and job placement services, as well as helps with supporting services such as transportation, housing, and clothing. 

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) 

The Department of Health and Human Services gives employment services and cash assistance to low-income families.

Supplemental Security Income (SSI):

Provides money to low-income individuals who are either age 65 or older, blind, or disabled. 

Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): 

Provides income to people with physical or mental problems that are severe enough to prevent them from working.


A handbook provided by the Federal Bureau of Prisons

  English |   Spanish